- the girl (presumably named Katie) who was going around putting handwritten stickers on everybody - literally everybody - with “Katie’s [X]” on them. Katie’s slave, Katie’s baby, that sort of thing. When she put one on my chest and I politely declined, peeling it off and returning it to her, she got upset. Awesome!
- the guy who wordlessly looped a small hula hoop around my neck from the side without any warning while I was in the middle of a conversation with a friend, put his head through too, and embraced me for thirty seconds before going away. Hooray!
- The girl who instead of starting a conversation with me just shoved a camera in my face and took a photo, and when I asked her why she did that, started a few sentences she never finished before doing exactly the same thing, while all her friends laughed at how hilariously awkward she was. So cool!
There were also a lot of people who would approach me while I was talking to my friends and thrust a pen and a notepad in my face. What a sweet-ass way to behave!
I was polite to everyone today because I’m a decent human being, but if you’re one of these people, I want you to know that:
- you’re the reason I don’t go to gatherings
- you’re the reason I didn’t want to come to Summer In The City
- you’re the reason I regret going to Summer In The City, and…
- you’re the reason I’m not coming to Summer In The City next year :)
PS: To all the people who approached me politely, said hello, and asked me courteously to sign something or take a photo with them, it was genuinely a pleasure to meet you.